This face-to-face course will discuss best practices and tools for embedded librarianship. We will explore how to initiate a collaborative relationship with faculty, medical teams or community organizations, and also teach you how to partner with them for better outcomes.
• Discuss examples of best practices in embedded librarianship as to scope, sustainability and strategies used
• Use SWOT to analyze both their organizations and their present role within these organizations in small discussion groups
• Identify potential roles with partners within their organizations
• Create a plan of action to initiate new partnerships and sustain these roles within their organizations
• Learn strategies to measure or assess the values added to the organization with an embedded librarian
• Discuss and select technology tools or apps that can help with collaboration and communication within these new partnerships.
The course is divided into the following modules:
Embedded and Empowered:
Part I: Best practices (lecture with slides)(60 minutes), group discussion. SWOT analysis of our organizations (small groups with SWOT worksheet)(60 minutes) Part II: SWOT reports from small groups, SWOT worksheet for individual librarian, group discussion to identify potential roles from reports (simulation, role playing) (90 minutes);
Part III: Plan of action and assessment ideas(slides), small groups brainstorming and sharing of plans for action and assessment (90 minutes);
Part IV: Technology tools and apps for communication and collaboration (interactive poll, slides, role playing, group discussion) (45 minutes),
Conclusion (slides) (15 minutes)
Computer, Screen, Internet Access, Flexible seating for small group work, Cellphones/Laptops/Tablets to vote in Interactive Polls
MLA CE Credits: 6