In this face-to-face presentation, healthcare providers learn why it’s important to use a Universal Precautions approach to Health Information Literacy, who is affected and how we can change that to improve health outcomes for all.
1. Define health literacy and the challenges patients face.
2. Recognize the impact low health literacy has on patient care.
3. Understand the Universal Precaution approach to health information literacy.
4. List strategies to improve health information literacy.
5. Describe health literacy services provided by medical libraries.
5 minutes: Introductions and objectives
15 minutes: Health Literacy: Definition and Impact
15 minutes: Health Literacy: Universal Precautions Approach and case studies
20 minutes: Methods, Tools and discussion
5 minutes: Wrap up and questions
Requires instructor computer and projector with internet access. Classroom seating is preferred.
MLA CE Credits: 1