PubMed for Librarians: MeSH*
For more information or to schedule this course, please contact the NNLM Training Office at email@example.com.
After attending this webinar session, students will be able to define the 4 different types of MeSH terms; define Controlled Vocabulary, identify the parts of a MeSH record: Entry terms, date introduced, two dates, previous indexing and describe automatic term explosion, describe the structure of the MeSH database. The class includes hands-on exercises.
Participants will be able to:
- locate and use the MeSH database to build a search.
- define Controlled vocabulary.
- define the four types of MeSH terms.
- explain the parts of a MeSH record: Entry terms, date introduced, two dates, previous indexing.
- describe automatic term explosion.
Pre-test: 5 minutes
Controlled vocabulary: 5 minutes
MeSH database: 20
Four types of MeSH terms 20
Entry terms, date introduced, previous indexing, explosion 30
Post-test and review: 10 minutes
MLA CE Credits:1.5