Develop the skills and knowledge that enable you to become involved with interprofessional education at your institution. Learn how to plan for success with an interprofessional education roadmap that addresses the core areas of librarian integration into interprofessional education--academic, clinical, and community engagement--and create an individualized action plan for IPEP involvement at your institution.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define interprofessional education and describe the librarians’ role in IPEP.
- Identify local, regional, and national opportunities for engaging in IPEP.
- Write and share goals for individual involvement in interprofessional education.
Rebecca Carlson McCall, MLS, AHIP is a Clinical Librarian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and serves on the university's Interprofessional Education and Practice (IPEP) Steering Committee. She is also a co-convener of the MLA Interprofessional Education SIG.
Jamie Conklin is the Nursing Liaison Librarian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and serves on the university's Interprofessional Education and Practice (IPEP) Steering Committee. Jamie is focused on opportunities for the library in helping to promote IPE academic scholarship and curricula. She is a co-convener of the MLA Interprofessional Education SIG.
- Length: 1.5 hour webinar
- Date/Time: Thursday, July 11, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., central time
- Technical information: After you have registered, go to My Learning in MEDLIB-ED to access the live webinar, resources, evaluation, and certificate.
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours.