MLA is pleased to offer two webinars on systematic reviews by Margaret Foster, AHIP, and Sarah Jewell, co-editors of Assembling the Pieces of a Systematic Review: A Guide for Librarians. The first webinar in the series is Troubleshooting Systematic Reviews: Refining the Research Question.
How do you determine the feasibility of a systematic review and identify research gaps worthy of study? How do you know when a scoping review is appropriate? How can you help researchers refine their questions? Join Foster and Jewell as they answer these questions and others by exploring actual research scenarios.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Generate reference interview questions to assist a researcher in refining the research question so it is feasible.
- Tell when a scoping review versus a systematic review is appropriate.
- Identify sources to search for related reviews or protocols
- Assist researchers in identifying research gaps
Margaret Foster, AHIP, is an associate professor at Texas A&M University–College Station and serves as the systematic reviews coordinator at the Medical Sciences Library. She has published twenty articles applying or describing systematic review methods and evidence based practices and has developed a popular continuing education course on systematic reviews that has trained over 300 librarians.
Sarah T. Jewell is an Information and Education Librarian for Rutgers University Libraries. She has been conducting systematic reviews since 2010 and has helped launch or refine systematic review services at two institutions.
- Length: 1.5 hour webinar
- Date/Time: August 7, 1:00pm–2:30pm, Central Time
- Technical information: After you have registered, go to My Learning in MEDLIB-ED to access the live webinar, resources, evaluation, and certificate.
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Site License Information
Are you interested in the entire series...
The webinar series special offer, presented by Margaret Foster, AHIP, and Sarah Jewell includes 3 bonus recorded webinars.