Join Sarah Bonato for the first of a two-part series on grey (literature) matters. You'll learn about the various types of grey literature, their strengths and weaknesses, and how to identify the best types to meet your search requests. You'll learn how to develop a search plan and set a search scope that includes unpublished research, clinical trials, grey data, reports, government documents, and other types of grey literature. You'll review examples of published research projects that included grey literature. And, you’ll get insights into questions to ask researchers, decision aids, and other dimensions of the colorful world of grey literature! #MLAGreyLitSearch
Participants receive a 30% discount on Sarah Bonato’s book, Searching the Grey Literature.
Academic librarians, research and reference librarians, and students who want to learn new search skills.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Assess the weakness and strengths of different types of grey literature
- Identify the types of grey literature to search for specific requests
- Give a rationale for including or excluding a specific type of grey literature from a search
- Provide guidance to library users and information seekers on the type of grey literature best suited to their search
Sarah Bonato is a reference/research librarian at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, ON. She is the co-author of more than 10 systematic reviews and the author of Searching the Grey Literature: A Handbook for Searching Reports, Working Papers, and Other Unpublished Research.
- Length: 1.5 hour webinar
- Date/Time: October 2, 1:00pm–2:30pm, Central Time
- Technical information: After you have registered, go to My Learning in MEDLIB-ED to access the live webinar, resources, evaluation, and certificate.
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours.
Site License Information
Are you interested in the entire series...
The webinar series special offer, presented by Sarah Bonato includes 1 bonus recorded webinar.