Join scholars from the Taubman Health Sciences Library in exploring publication metrics used to quantify the impact of individual researchers, research groups, and journals and the latest tools that provide citation-based indicators and visualizations. You’ll learn the strengths and weaknesses of each metric, how to teach authors ways increase maximize the impact of their work and gain insights from a new research impact initiative at Taubman.
By the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand common impact metrics' strengths and limitations.
- Gain understanding of latest tools that provide citation-based indicators and visualizations.
- Learn techniques for teaching authors to increase chances of enhancing impact.
- Learn about Taubman librarians' experience and recommendations for establishing research impact initiative and education
Tyler Nix and Judith Smith, are informationists at the University of Michigan Taubman Health Sciences Library and co-leaders of the Taubman Research Impact Core. In the latter role, they partner with health sciences faculty, staff, and students in projects related to tracking and communicating the impact of research outputs.
- Length: 1.5 hour webinar
- Date/Time: Wednesday, December 11, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., central time
- Technical information: After you have registered, go to My Learning in MEDLIB-ED to access the live webinar, resources, evaluation, and certificate.
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours.