Go to MLA ’20 to register!
Friday, May 15, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Cost: $320 (nonmember: $570)
Attendance maximum: 25
Learn how to analyze interview, focus group, and other qualitative data using low cost and free software. Hand coding is still a best practice, but it’s tedious, and analytic software has a number of advantages. If you are ready to add a new tool to your research repertoire join us on this adventure!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the phases and stages of qualitative data analysis;
- Identify the tools that can be used to analyze qualitative data;
- Demonstrate the basic functionality of using analytic software (importing and coding);
- Use those steps to analyze interview or focus group data using analytic software; and
- Appraise the quality of the process and the data derived.
* Note: Attendees are required to bring a laptop computer or other device with WiFi capability to participate in interactive activities.
Ayaba Logan is an independent consultant with By Design, a consulting company that provides instruction, research, and research support to people and organizations around the world. Logan is one of the consultants who is especially interested in all things related to Qualitative Research and instruction. Logan has earned a Bachelor of Art from Spelman College, a Masters of Public Health from The University of Michigan, and a Masters in Library and Information Studies from The University of Alabama. In addition to be being a lover of outdoor activities and a lifelong learner, she is a wife, a mother, and a volunteer.
MLA CE Credits: 6