Critical Appraisal of Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses (Recording)
Systematic reviews and meta-analyses are at the top of evidence pyramids, but not all are high in quality. Learn the steps of critically evaluating these types of review articles and gain tips on teaching critical appraisal in small and large group settings. #MLATeachCritApp
This webinar is required for Level II of the Systematic Review Services Specialization that is planned for launch in 2023.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Assess the internal validity of a systematic review/meta-analysis
- Interpret the results of a meta-analysis including forest plots
- Apply systematic review/meta-analysis results to patient care
- Explain key concepts related to systematic reviews/meta-analysis in plain language
This session is designed for anyone looking to improve their critical appraisal skills for systematic reviews/meta-analysis. Participants will receive pre-class materials to ensure baseline knowledge prior to attending the webinar.
Amy Blevins oversees research, liaison, education, and data services at the Ruth Lilly Medical Library at the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM)–Indianapolis. Since 2017, Blevins has served as the thread director for evidence-based medicine (EBM) for IUSM. She has worked on more than fourteen published systematic reviews and coedited the book, Curriculum-Based Library Instruction: From Cultivating Faculty Relationships to Assessment.
Laura Menard is the assistant director for medical education and access services at the Ruth Lilly Medical Library, serving IUSM–Indianapolis. She designs EBM curriculum components, delivers instruction, and trains colleagues on new concepts and instruction best practices.
- Length: 1.5 hour recorded webinar
- Technical information: After you have registered, go to My Learning in MEDLIB-ED to access the live webinar, resources, evaluation, and certificate.
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours and 1.5 Illinois CNE contact hours.