Copyrightlaws.com’s Copyright Leadership Certificate is a 12-week program (extendable to 20 weeks) that provides a strong foundation in copyright decision making skills. It’s for those new to copyright or those seeking to enhance their current knowledge base. Students learn important copyright principles, with the primary focus on practical skills that can be adapted to individual needs.
If you’re the copyright go-to person in your organization or want to more confidently answer copyright questions, this program is for you. You’ll have high-quality current copyright information, interaction with like-minded individuals and takeaways such as reference materials and several Tools (including a permissions database, fair use cheat sheet and document on how to analyze a copyright question or issue.)
- U.S. Copyright Law is both a primer and refresher on U.S. copyright law.
- Practical International Copyright Law provides a practical view of international copyright issues, including giving and obtaining permission when dealing with foreign countries and online works.
- Legally Using Images sets out essential information on using third-party content, how permissions work, risk management tips and best practices for legally using images. This eTutorial is applicable to the use of all content, not just images.
- Digital Copyright Management teaches you the legal, strategic and practical implications of using, publishing and redistributing online and licensed digital content.
- Minimizing Copyright Issues is an overview of managing the legal use of all types of copyright-protected works.
By participating in Copyrightlaws.com’s Copyright Leadership Certificate, you’ll be able to:
- Describe U.S. copyright law principles
- Explain global copyright law on a practical level
- Know when and how to obtain copyright permission
- Provide quick answers about copyright law and licensing digital content
- Develop best practices for lowering copyright risks in your library or organization
We’ll work with you to:
- Develop your breadth of knowledge of copyright principles
- Lower your risk of copyright infringement
- Increase your knowledge on when and how to obtain copyright permissions
- Network with other copyright professionals
- Find practical solutions to your everyday copyright questions and issues
- Gain the confidence you need to lead copyright issues in your organization
MLA CE Credits: 38