This series is offered via Moodle.
Research Data Management On Demand is made up of four stand-alone classes that introduce principles and practices of research data management. There is no particular order or progression in which to take the classes. Expect to spend up to four hours on each class learning through tutorials, videos and hands-on activities.
Through tutorials, videos and hands-on activities, participants will be able to:
Articulate the FAIR data principles
Explain the importance of research reproducibility
Describe the concept of “open data” and challenges for sharing biomedical research data
Explain data sharing incentives, data citations, and data journals
- Reading: Data Management Chapter 7Page
- Reading: The FAIR Data PrinciplesPage
- Complete: "NYU Compass Module 4"Page
- Watch: BD2K Lecture "Why Data Sharing & Reuse Are Hard To Do?"Page
- Assignment: FAIR Case Study
MLA CE Credits: 4