This series is offered via Moodle.
Research Data Management On Demand is made up of four stand-alone classes that introduce principles and practices of research data management. There is no particular order or progression in which to take the classes. Expect to spend up to four hours on each class learning through tutorials, videos and hands-on activities.
Through tutorials, videos and hands-on activities, participants will be able to:
Evaluate preservation needs of a dataset (e.g. file format, software)
Identify appropriate data repositories for a given dataset
Discuss potential solutions for datasets with security/privacy issues (HIPAA)
Explain how policies affect data ownership, security, and storage
- View: DataONE Lesson 10Page
- View: Regulatory Issues in Big Data for Genomics and Health OHSU BD2K Module 20Page
- Discussion: Who owns the data?Forum
- Complete: NYU Compass Module 7Page
- Assignment: Gait Dynamics Database
MLA CE Credits: 4 (Per Class)