- Explain uses of personal health data and its benefit in healthcare decision-making
- Explain the risks of using consumer technologies to manage personal health data
- Identify the different types of health apps and devices that people use to collect health data
- Evaluate health apps for use in personal health data collection
- Discuss how patients, clinicians, and the general public interact with technology and consume health data
- Plan programs to support health apps and technology use
Week 1 webinar: 60 minute live session via Webex and recorded for later viewing, covering:
- Risks of consumer technologies re: health data
- Consumer health apps and devices
- Benefits to consumers and others
- Evaluating health apps
- Library Programming and services around health technology
Week 1 Assignment: Read about two public library programs involving fitness trackers and respond to a discussion forum post in Moodle.
Week 2 Assignment: Review at least one consumer health or fitness app using the health and fitness app evaluation models and post review to a discussion forum in Moodle.