What is citizen science? How can I get involved? This 2 hour, on-demand, online class from NNLM and SciStarter.org introduces citizen science for librarians, staff, and community-based organization leaders and includes clear, specific instructions and case studies on how a small, midsize, or large library or organization can bring citizen science activities and programs to their community.
Course URLs: https://scistarter.org/nlm
Attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of your involvement in scientific research to address real-world problems scientists cannot solve without you.
- Complete Citizen Science projects using critical science skills, such as making and testing hypotheses; gathering, analyzing and interpreting data; making and sharing observations; and developing and communicating evidence-based arguments.
- Apply strategies for introducing citizen science to your communities and promoting sharing of health information and resources.
- Apply strategies for broadening and deepening your awareness, interest and engagement with citizen science.
- Apply strategies for engaging and supporting other people in citizen science activities that address societal needs through libraries/sites.
MLA CE Credit: 2