This popular online or in-person class will prepare librarians for responding to challenging reference questions for mental health information, and will give librarians a greater awareness of current mental health issues that might affect their populations.
Site URL: https://nnlm.gov/class/caring
1) Gain awareness of mental health issues.
2) Learn to respond to challenging reference questions for mental health information.
3) Be informed of tools for collection development and mental health research including the latest web sites and databases.
1)Introductions, Statistics, Classification and Definitions
2) Stigma, Information Seeking Behavior, The Reference Interview in the Context of Mental Health, Interacting with Emotional Patrons
3)Web Resources, E-patients, Databases, Search Tips, Assessment and Testing
4)Collection Development, Bibliotherapy, Community Resources, Professional Development
5) The Future of Mental Health [The Science of Happiness]
MLA CE Credits: 1