Getting the Right Information to Patients Using MedlinePlus Connect - On Demand
MedlinePlus is a website of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, providing high-quality health information written for the general public. MedlinePlus Connect is a tool that enables the integration of MedlinePlus resources into external systems like electronic health record systems, patient portals, and other applications.
This one-hour training session with videos and exercises is intended to introduce you to what MedlinePlus Connect does and how, and point you to resources for implementing MedlinePlus Connect at your institution.
Course available: 7/1/2021–7/1/2023
Course URL: https://nnlm.gov/training/class-catalog/getting-right-information-patients-using-medlineplus-connect
Following completion of this tutorial, you should be able to:
- Explain how MedlinePlus Connect makes MedlinePlus consumer health content available in Electronic Health Record systems
- Describe the role of standard terminologies in how MedlinePlus Connect works
- Define the structure of a URL request used in MedlinePlus Connect
- Consider whether you can facilitate the use of MedlinePlus Connect at your institution
This self-paced tutorial consists of 3 modules:
- Overview of MedlinePlus Connect
- How MedlinePlus Connect Works
- Who is Using MedlinePlus Connect and Why?
MLA CE Credit: 1