Are you interested in making videos, but not sure where to get started? This course covers This course covers everything you need to start making videos for instruction and outreach, even if you have very limited time and a very limited budget. We'll discuss when and why you might choose to make a video instead of a written product, like a LibGuide; how to choose a video making software that fits your budget and skill level; and how to make videos in a reasonable amount of time (ten hours or less for a two minute video, seriously!).
- consider what contexts and goals make short videos effective for library instruction and promotion
- learn how to plan short videos for library instruction and promotion
- learn how to pick the appropriate video editing software for their needs
What makes an effective video? 30 min, lecture and group discussion
- Watch a few videos and discuss what makes them effective
- What's a good topic for library videos?
How do I plan an effective video? 40 min, individual activity
- Plan what you want to say
- Gather your elements (this might be filming or sketching or finding music and photos or recording your audio)
What software do I use to make an effective video? 40 min, software demonstrations
- Articulate Storyline
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe After Effects
Q&A 10 min
Anyone interested in making short videos for instruction and outreach. No prior video experience is necessary, but experience in instruction and outreach is advised.
MLA CE Credits: 2