Service is at the heart of community outreach and engagement. “Community” can take many different forms, from the public to non-profit organizations and others. It takes special skill and knowledge to effectively build relationships and partnership with community organizations and individuals in order to serve them. It takes additional skill and knowledge to lead teams engaged in these activities. The experience of health science librarians can serve as an example of knowledge and skills needed in serving the community through outreach and engagement. The experience of health science libraries offers insight that leaders in any organization can learn.
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to define leadership skills needed for person-centered community engagement in their own words. Attendees will be able to explain processes and best practices for community engagement. Attendees will be able to identify one or more areas in which they can implement person-centered leadership concepts into their community engagement work.
Resource URL: [Pending]
- Attendees will be able to define leadership skills needed for community engagement in their own words.
- Attendees will be able to explain processes and best practices for community engagement.
- Attendees will be able to identify one or more areas in which they can implement leadership concepts into their current community engagement work.
- 5:00-10:00 Introduction, Discuss Agenda and Goals
- 10:00 Group Discussion 1: Why conduct outreach?
- 20:00 Presentation Utilizing Project Management Lifecycle
- 10:00 Group Discussion 2: SWOT Analysis
- 15:00 Presentation: SWOT Analysis in Project Planning
- 20:00 Activity: Developing a Proposal Template – Scenario Based Exercise Using Institutional Strategic Plans as a model
- 15:00 Break
- 10:00 Group Discussion 3: Communications
- 10:00 Presentation: Building a Communication Plan
- 10:00 Activity: Developing a Communications Plan
- 25:00 Activity: Unforseen Challenges
- 15:00-20:00 Discussion: When outreach projects go south
- 10:00 Break
- 40:00 Presentation: Evaluation and Logic Models
- 10:00 Group Discussion: Final Discussion on Lessons Learned from Outreach Projects
- 5:00 Conclusion & Evaluation
MLA CE Credits: 4