Libraries have a critical role to play in disaster preparation and recovery, but they need to be at the table with the right people. This self-paced online class prepares librarians on how to work with first responders, public health departments, local health care facilities, and emergency planners.
- The importance of libraries as community members and essential services
- Library roles in disaster prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery
- Forming effective relationships for community disaster planning
- Practical steps to get a seat at the table
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain the roles played by governmental and nongovernmental organizations in different types of disasters.
- Recognize library roles that are valuable in community disaster planning.
- Develop relationships that will help secure a seat at the table.
MLA CE: 1