Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information at Your Library*
For more information or to schedule this course, please contact: the NNLM Training Office at email@example.com.
This class focuses on what librarians and information providers do best:
- provide reference services
- connections to reliable resources
- library programming
The class will review:
- A few mental health stats and definitions
- Tips for reference interactions and
- Highlight some information resources
- Library programs and services around mental health
NLM resources covered in this class include MedlinePlus, and DailyMed as well as other NIH and freely available authoritative resources.
Site URL: https://www.nnlm.gov/training/class-catalog/caring-mind-providing-mental-health-information-your-library
- Recognize the role the library plays in providing mental health information to patrons.
- Apply best practices to respond to questions about mental health information during a reference interview.
- Identify reliable resources for locating mental health information to share with patrons.
- Recall library programs and services that promote mental health awareness
The webinar is 60 minutes long and covers 4 sections.
- Mental Health Stats & Definitions
- Best Practices for Reference Interviews
- Health Information Resources
- Library Programs and Services
MLA CE Credits: 1