You’re a library worker. You’re already helping those in your community find health information. As a library worker, what are you doing to manage your own well-being? Individual and community well-being are inherently connected. Thus, it is critical that workplaces be an area of wellness for their employees. Join us to discover ways to improve your own personal well-being and create a healthy workplace. If you are a supervisor, how are you helping to ensure your staff stays healthy (physically, emotionally, etc.)? We will also discuss ways to increase overall wellness for all staff in libraries so that we have happy, healthy and safe work environments.
In this 2-week 4 CE class we will explore the aspects of a healthy workplace including physical, mental, and emotional components. We will look at the evidence on the benefits of having a healthy working environment and why it matters to you, to the library, and to your community. We will discuss what does and does not make a healthy working environment. We will learn about and explore changes they can make at an individual level to improve workplace health and wellness. We will also discuss changes that could and should be made at the team and organizational levels to improve workplace health and wellness for everyone.
- Describe the benefits of a healthy workplace
- Explore what a healthy work environment looks like
- Identify changes you can make at the individual level to improve your health and wellness at work
- Identify changes to make at an organization level to improve the overall health and wellness in your library
- Increase awareness of evaluation tools related to news articles and other online content related to health and wellness
Week 1 What is a Healthy Workplace and Why it Matters
- What makes a workplace healthy
- Benefits of a healthy workplace
- What happens when a workplace isn’t healthy
Week 2 How Do We Make Work a Healthy Place
- What you can do as an individual
- What your library can and should do
MLA CE Credit: 4