This course is a 5-week online course about how to evaluate online health information. The class is held in Moodle. There are 5 modules; a new module opens each week.
Resource URL: [Pending]
- Participants will list at least three ways they can evaluate health information
- Participants will discuss the importance of high quality health information with their peers
- Participants will list at least three high quality heath information resources
- Participants will describe how to navigate at least one of the resources to find trustworthy health information
- Participants will demonstrate ability to answer a health question using high quality health information resources.
- Participants will define health literacy
- Participants will describe the relationship between health literacy and the social determinants of health
- Participants will describe at least three tips to support the communication of health information to the public
This is a 5-week Moodle class. A new module opens each week. Participants can work at their own pace, but all work is due by the end of the 5-week period.
Week 1: Evaluating Health Information
Week 2: Navigating Trustworthy Health Information Resources
Week 3: Answer a Health Question
Week 4: Health Literacy & Social Determinants of Health
Week 5: Communicating about Health Information
MLA CE Credits: 5