The fundamental principles of toxicology include dose-response relationships, how chemicals enter the body and how they are metabolized and excreted, major health outcomes of intoxications, basics of physiology, toxicokinetics, and cellular toxicology.
Resource URL: https://www.toxmsdt.com/skills-development.html
At the conclusion of the online tutorial students will have learned the following skills:
- Understand the basic principles of toxicology, e.g.
- Define toxicology and identify adverse effects.
- Determining the safety of drugs
- Define the types of toxic effects
- List realistic examples of toxic interactions
- Explain modern approaches to testing and assessing toxicity
This is a fully virtual course covering the following topics:
- Introduction to Toxicology
- Dose and Dose Response
- Toxic Effects
- Toxicity Testing Methods
- Risk Assessment
- Exposure Standards and Guidelines
- Basic Physiology
- Introduction to Toxicokinetics
- Cellular Toxicology
- Intuitive Toxicology and Risk Communication
- Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Health, and One Health
MLA CE Credits: 3