Each year, the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) are updated. How does this affect your PubMed searches? What happens when a term gets changed, added, removed, or moved to a different part of the MeSH hierarchy? How do you accommodate for vocabulary changes over time in your comprehensive searches? How do you check your saved searches and alerts?
During this interactive class, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from NLM staff about these changes, ask questions, and practice searching with MeSH in PubMed.
Successful participants will be able to:
- Describe how the MeSH vocabulary is maintained
- Explain how the addition, revision, deletion and rearrangement of MeSH terms affect your PubMed searches
- Check your saved searches and alerts for needed changes
This class is divided into the following sections:
- Where MeSH Changes are Documented
- Checking Saved Searches for Changes
- New Term with the Same Meaning
- New Term that is More Specific
- Hierarchy Changes
MLA CE Credits: 1.5