Every year, the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) are updated. How does this affect your PubMed searches? What happens when a term gets changed, added, removed or moved to a different part of the MeSH hierarchy? How do you accommodate vocabulary changes over time in your comprehensive searches? How do you check your saved searches and alerts?
This on-demand course, offered through the NNLM Moodle platform, provides answers and allows participants to engage with exercises to practice what you learn.
Successful participants will be able to:
- Describe how the MeSH vocabulary is maintained
- Explain how the addition, revision, and rearrangement of MeSH terms affect your PubMed searches
- Check your saved searches and alerts for needed changes
This Moodle course is divided into the following sections:
- What Happens when MeSH is Updated?
- Two Dates in MeSH
- New Term with the Same Meaning
- New Term that is More Specific
- Hierarchy Changes
MLA CE Credits: 1.5
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|NNLM||1.5 MLA CE Credits||February 14, 2023 - August 31, 2024|