The purpose of the class is to provide culturally-appropriate health information resources for LGBTQIA+ populations and the librarians and health care practitioners who support them. We have done our best to use culturally-sensitive language and examples and are aware that language, like sexuality, can be fluid over time. Providing access to health information for and about these populations is extremely important.
The topic of gender and LGBTQIA+ issues may be sensitive for some. Social stigma, fear, or rejection is real for many people. That is why it is important to bring awareness to these issues and create practices around addressing them.
- Recall four health disparities that LGBTQIA+ individuals and populations experience.
- Identify strategies for addressing the health disparities that LGBTQIA+ individuals and populations experience.
- Recall three concepts for providing a safe and welcoming environment when serving LGBTQIA communities.
- Identify three resources for providing health information for and about LGBTQIA+ populations.
- Utilize PubMed and MeSH to search professional literature for LGBTQIA resources.
This is a one-hour webinar.
- Presentation of the topic
- Demonstration of 3 NLM website resources
- Questions and answers
MLA CE Credit: 1.0