Disaster Health Information Sources: The Basics
This self-paced online course provides a comprehensive overview of essential resources for health-related information services in support of disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. It includes resources from federal and nonfederal agencies and international organizations.
This course is part of the MLA Disaster Information Specialization.
Click here to access the course.
- Introduction: Disasters and Disaster Management
- Disaster Health Information
- Categories of Disaster Health Information
- Information Sources for Preparedness
- Information Sources for Response
- Information Sources for Recovery
- Assessing Literature
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe basic terminology and concepts related to disaster health information
- Recognize when disaster health information is needed
- Distinguish categories of disaster health information
- Identify sources to locate disaster health information
- Demonstrate strategies to assess disaster health information
- Find more resources on disaster health information
MLA CE Credits: 3