Learn how to plan, implement, and follow-up on collecting and sharing data during a disaster. Discover how librarians can prepare for disaster data needs. Learn the benefits and ways of data sharing during a disaster and how to use data to make decisions.
This course is part of the MLA Disaster Information Specialization.
- Importance of Data Collection During All Phases of an Event
- Roles in Data Preparedness
- Preparedness Phase
- Response Phase
- Disaster Data Management & Sharing
- Example Scenarios
- After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the needs of the professional disaster workforce for disaster health data collection
- Identify the resources and tools that can be used to provide access to, and the organization and integration of, health data collected from various sources during disasters and public health emergencies
- Identify the challenges in collecting, integrating, and sharing disaster related health data
Health information professionals interested in increasing their knowledge and skills in Disaster Information Management.
MLA CE Credits: 3
This course was adopted from the Network of the National Library of Medicine and updated by MLA using funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement number UG4LM012344 with the University of Utah, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library.