Health Literacy on demand is a 1 hour narrated tutorial with activities where you can learn about:
• The definitions of personal and organizational health literacy
• Communication practices you can do to improve health literacy
• 3 resources that you can use to improve health literacy
1. Describe personal and organizational health literacy.
2. Define universal precautions for health literacy.
3. Identify 3 resources that you can use to address health literacy.
Pre-test 5 mins
What is health literacy? 5 mins
Why is HL important? 5 mins
Risk Factors for low HL 5 mins
Universal Precautions 5 mins
Best Practices 10 mins
Clear Communication for HL 10 mins
Resources: PlainLanguage.gov; PEMAT; AHRQ Universal Precautions 10 mins
Post-test 5 mins
MLA CE Credits: 1.0